About Foundation Training
Foundation Training is a safe series of exercises using your own body weight that strongly focuses on the posterior chain. It was created by Dr. Eric Goodman, a chiropractor who had his own issues with back pain and wanted to avoid surgery. Using these exercises, your body is taught how to move properly and builds strength where our bodies are lacking, to be able to hold our true structure of our bodies.
Benefits of Foundation Training
- Builds strong posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings, lower back)
- Teaches body awareness
- Teaches proper body movement
- Helps posture
- Gets rid of back pain, knee pain, shoulder pain and more
- Improves sports performance
- Teaches the body how to use breath
"To achieve the highest accomplishments within the scope of our capabilities in all walks of life we must constantly strive to acquire strong, healthy bodies and develop our minds to the limits of our ability."
- Joseph Pilates