Acupuncture is a treatment methodology in which needles are used to encourage the body to promote natural healing. It is recognized by the WHO (World Health Organization) to be effective in treating 28 conditions, although evidence indicates it may have an effective therapeutic value for many more.
Benefits of Acupuncture
- Reduces pain
- Improves sleep
- Releases stress
- Boosts energy
- Improves focus and concentration
- Stimulates the immune system
- Helps with weight loss by aiding the digestive system
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps with thyroid dysfunction
- Helps in liver and kidney disease
- Aids in autoimmune diseases
- Supports infertility treatments and all stages of pregnancy
- Regulates hormone levels
- Reduces osteoarthritis pain
- Decreases inflammation
Acupuncture is most know for it's affect on pain relief. The two main ways acupuncture achieves this is by:
1. Increasing circulation and healing, which reduces recovery time from injury.
2. Enhancing oxygen distribution to all the cells of the body, improving physical and mental performance.