Cupping is a therapy in which cups are placed on the skin after suction is created. Cupping therapy uses the suction of the cups to increase circulation and thereby to promote the healing of a broad range of ailments. Suction is created by placing a glass cup over a small flame and the quickly placing the cup on the skin, no flames ever touch the skin. The two most common methods of cupping are "fixed cupping" and "moving cupping."
Fixed Cupping: Is when the cups are placed on a certain area of the body and left in place for 5-10 minutes.
Moving Cupping: Is where massage oil or cream is applied on the skin where cupping will be performed, the cups are then placed over the same area and the practitioner slides them around that region of the body — most commonly the back.
Benefits of Cupping
- Helps decrease cellulite
- Aids in skin problems such as eczema and acne
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Decreases the severity and/or frequency of migraines
- Decreases bronchial congestion
- Reduces varicose veins
- Relieves stress
- Reduces pain
- Alleviates allergies
- Reduces fatigue
- Helps boost the immune system to fight of colds and flues
- Decreases anxiety
- Reduces muscle aches
- Decreases fever
- Decreases the effects of animal bites